Offical Contest Rules 2013 Draw for a BMW (the “Contest”)
This contest is open to Canadian residents only (except Quebec) and is governed by Canadian law.
1. Eligibility: Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (except Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry and who (at the time of entry): (i) hold a valid driver's license; and (ii) are insurable; except employees or agents (and their spouses) of Parker Realty Ltd. or Lori MacDonald, Hilary Woodford and Andrew Matheson (or their spouses) (Lori MacDonald, Hilary Woodford and Andrew Matheson are, collectively with Parker Realty Ltd., the "Sponsor").
2. Contest Entry Requirements: You can enter the contest once per category in the following categories: (1) purchase a property in Prince Edward Island, using a Parker Realty Ltd. agent; (2) list a property for sale in Prince Edward Island, using a Parker Realty Ltd. agent; (3) submit a five hundred (500) word (or less) essay describing why Parker Realty Ltd. is the best real estate agency in Prince Edward Island. An agreement to take a listing is at the sole discretion of Parker Realty Ltd. No purchase necessary.
3. Contest Entry Period: Contest Entry Period begins on January 1, 2013 at 12:00 am Atlantic Time (AT) and ends on December 31, 2013 at 11:59 pm AT (the "Contest Entry Period").
4. How To Enter: To enter:
a. sell or list or renew a property listing in Prince Edward Island using a Parker Realty Ltd. agent during the Contest Entry Period and for a minimum of six (6) months and receive a ballot. The withdrawal of a listing prior to the expiry date shall result in the removal of the vendor’s ballot;
b. purchase a property (accepted offer) in Prince Edward Island using a Parker Realty Ltd. agent during the Contest Entry Period and receive a ballot (for greater certainty, a purchase of property negotiated prior to the Contest Entry Period but closing during the Contest Entry Period will be eligible);
c. obtain an approved mortgage from Lori MacDonald, Hilary Woodford or Andrew Matheson during the Contest Entry Period and receive a ballot; or
d. send a five hundred (500) word (or less) essay to Parker Realty Ltd. at the civic address listed below describing why Parker Realty Ltd. is the best real estate agency in Prince Edward Island (the “Essay”) and send it, along with your first name, last name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and age (the “Essay Entry”). Your Essay must be in accordance with the specific requirements listed below and should depict, describe and/or discuss why Parker Realty Ltd. is the best real estate agency in Prince Edward Island (the "Theme"). There is a limit of one (1) Essay Entry per household (civic address). Email essay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per property listing or property purchase or property number permitted during the Contest Entry Period. For greater certainty, persons purchasing or selling a property together will not receive one Entry each, but rather will receive one Entry between or among them. Further, an Entry will be based on a listing and not per property; therefore, if multiple lots are listed together for sale, the sale will result in one (1) Entry.
Your Essay Entry must be an original Essay. Entries will be rejected if: (a) the information listed in paragraph 4(c) is not complete or included; and/or (b) if the Essay does not conform to the specific requirements listed below. Parker Realty Ltd. is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible entries.
By submitting an entry, you agree that the entry complies with all conditions stated in these rules. Parker Realty Ltd. will bear no legal liability regarding the use of the entry or the Essay Entry and Parker Realty Ltd. shall be held harmless by you in the event it is subsequently discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of the rules.
5. Entry Requirements: Each submitted Essay must never have been previously exhibited publicly outside of this Contest or selected as a winner in any other contest. To be eligible for entry in this Contest, an entry you submit must meet the following specific requirements:
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules (the "Rules") and by the interpretation of these Rules by Parker Realty Ltd., and further warrants and represents that each Essay he/she submits:
i. is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the Essay to enter the Contest;
ii. does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
iii. does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
iv. will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
v. is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names and addresses (physical or electronic); conduct or other activities in violation of these rules; commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of Parker Realty Ltd.; any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos, other than those of Parker Realty Ltd..
Any Essay that is deemed appropriate may be posted on the website of Parker Realty Ltd.
By entering the Contest and submitting an entry, each entrant: (i) grants to Parker Realty Ltd., in perpetuity, a non-exclusive right and license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Essay, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason, and without any compensation from Parker Realty; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Essay in favour of Parker Realty Ltd.; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless Parker Realty Ltd. from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. For greater certainty, Parker Realty Ltd. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, edit or remove any Essay, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Essay, if a complaint is received with respect to the Essay, or for any other reason.
56. Grand Prize: There will be one (1) Grand Prize available to be won, consisting of a 2013 BMW 328i series with an approximate retail value of $45,000.00(the "Grand Prize").
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Grand Prize: (i) Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash (no substitutions except at Parker Realty Ltd.'s option); (ii) Parker Realty Ltd. reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or a prize component of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely at Parker Realty Ltd.'s sole discretion, a cash award; (iii) colour and other specifics of the Grand Prize will be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor; (iv) manufacturer's warranty applies to the Grand Prize; (v) upon notification, the Grand Prize winner will personally take delivery of the Grand Prize from Parker Realty Ltd. within twenty (20) days and present adequate personal identification; (vi) Grand Prize will not be released unless and until the Grand Prize winner first shows proof of having a valid driver's license in the province/territory in which he/she resides and proof of satisfactory insurance; (vii) Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all taxes and expenses that are not included in the Grand Prize description above, including, but not limited to: registration and license fees, insurance, additional accessories and all other costs associated with any upgrade or option packages winner may request; and (viii) Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, having or obtaining a valid driver's license, license plates, registration, insurance, fuel/gas.
7. Selection Process: The draw date will be within 30 days of contest closure. The Grand Prize selected entrant will be contacted by email or phone. If you have not been contacted by this date, you may assume that you are not the Grand Prize selected entrant.
Before being declared the winner, the Grand Prize selected entrant must sign and return within ten (10) business days of notification a declaration and release prepared by Parker Realty Ltd., which, among other things: (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded and correctly answers, without assistance, a time-limited, mathematical-skill-testing question, to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time; and (iii) releases Parker Realty Ltd. from any liability in connection with this Contest, the Grand Prize selected entrant's participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof.
If the Grand Prize selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by phone or email within three (3) attempts or three (3) business days of the contest closure (whichever occurs first); (ii) there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; or (iii) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time, then he/she will forfeit their opportunity to be the Grand Prize winner and another entry will be selected.
8. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning are dependent on the total number of entries received.
9. General Conditions: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to the use of his/her Essay, along with his/her name, address or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by Parker Realty Ltd. in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet.
Parker Realty Ltd. will not be liable for any failure of any entry to be received. Parker Realty Ltd. reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Contest in any way.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
Parker Realty Ltd.
535 North River Rd.
Canada C1E 1J6
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
2013Draw for a BMW (the “Contest”)
This contest is open to Canadian residents only (except Quebec) and is governed by Canadian law.